It's Bristol, Baby!

For discussion of all auto racing in Michigan.
FanInTheStands
Crew member

It's Bristol, Baby!

Post by FanInTheStands » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:24 pm

The Second US Short Track Nationals were announced today for Bristol Speedway in May.

http://speed51.com/short-track-u-s-nati ... l-in-2017/

Several Michigan racers were down there last spring, including Todd Metz Jr. We went down there and had a ball. There was not a huge crowd of spectators, but there were over 300 FWDs, Street Stocks, Mods and various flavors of Late Models. Lots of fun!

-- Fan In The Stands
Last edited by FanInTheStands on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin 05
Touring series champion

Re: It's Bristol, Baby!

Post by Kevin 05 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:41 am

Surely hope it is not the screwed up wreck fest it was last year.

The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

MSTRC
Touring series champion

Post by MSTRC » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am

I know what you mean Kevin, but some people go to the races simply for the wrecks. They see it as 'cool,' but the racers see it as $$$$$$$$$$$.
Last edited by MSTRC on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

* You can't have courage unless you know fear.

Negative people have a problem with every solution.

*Never surrender your reason to your passion.

*Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

Kevin 05
Touring series champion

Post by Kevin 05 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:53 am

Yup that is the way I look at it,,,, Just more bodies I can build.. But they truly need to do a lot more work on that whole weekend before next year.. the whole thing was a cluster They need to have someone (one person) that is a race director over the weekend that all the series directors have to report to..Way to many chiefs last year.

The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

starterken
Crew member

Post by starterken » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:56 pm

[quote name='Kevin 05' date='17 November 2017 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1510937604' post='244637']

Yup that is the way I look at it,,,, Just more bodies I can build.. But they truly need to do a lot more work on that whole weekend before next year.. the whole thing was a cluster They need to have someone (one person) that is a race director over the weekend that all the series directors have to report to..Way to many chiefs last year.

[/quote]

From the grandstand side I kind of thought just the opposite. The crappy weather certainly created a bit of havoc, but given that, I thought they actually did an outstanding job at keeping things moving and getting through all the events as best and as fast as possible. And other than the Pro Lates/Jegs crate series, I didn't think it was a wreck fest either. Indeed when there was a wreck, it was a big one because of the speeds, but there's not going to be anything anyone can do about that. I had heard that the Pro Lates weren't lifting and combine that with a lot of inexperience and there's going to be a fair number of wrecks. Given some of the tire concerns, I had actually expected it to be a lot worse.

It was an awesome experience and I hope to get back there this year.

fastbackss
Track champion

Post by fastbackss » Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Good luck to all the local drivers going.

Here are the entry lists - most have been updated in the last week:

https://speed51.com/2018-short-track-u- ... try-lists/

Kevin 05
Touring series champion

Post by Kevin 05 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm

How soon do you think they will amend the windshield rule once they notice 6 cars from the south that normally have them?? Probably not the thing to do they year you make a big deal out of this race being a joint venture with the Modifieds of Mayhem. 22 cars is fewer than the Dixie race last year,,or Kazoo.
Last edited by Kevin 05 on Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

fastbackss
Track champion

Post by fastbackss » Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Tour said that they will be posting the entries as they come through the gate, so that is fun.

They had 7 cars at the practice last weekend. There was an article that Klinect was going back after his hard hit last year...

fastbackss
Track champion

Post by fastbackss » Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 am

21 Mods , although they lost one Michigan car (Evan Foster) due to a practice accident